The Eric Liddell Centre is an Edinburgh charity dedicated to inspiring, empowering, and supporting people of all ages, cultures and abilities, as an expression of compassionate Christian values.
The Centre operates a range of quality caring services. These include:
- a specialist registered Day Care Service for people with a diagnosis of dementia.
- the Ca(I)re Programme for carers that provides free educational, social and health based courses across the city.
- Carer Befriending Service.
- Day Breaks Service for carers and the people they care for.
In addition the Centre provides:
- low cost office space for small charities.
- rooms for other groups providing activities for the community.
- and a range of enterprises to support the Centre’s work.
Thought for the week
"Love is kind. It is always ready to go out of its way to help. It longs to reduce people's burdens by willingly and joyfully sharing their sorrows and hardships." Eric H Liddell
November is another very busy month at the Eric Liddell Centre, here are a number of topics for your prayer diary this month:
- Please pray for our Carer Befriending Service, through its trained volunteer ‘befrienders’, this service provides invaluable one to one support for carers who need some extra support at a difficult and stressful time in their lives.
- Give thanks for the ‘Members’ who support the Centre’s work financially and through prayer. Pray that God will open many more eyes to the possibility of supporting this vibrant local charity.
- The Centre’s volunteers provide invaluable support to our beneficiaries, pray that God will be present in every conversation and action.
- Our annual Christmas Craft and Food Fair takes place this month, pray that this event will be a huge social and financial success for our Fundraising Committee. Give thanks for the people who have brought the work of their hands to sell!
- Think about other fundraising events taking place at the Centre this month including a Quiz night.
- Please pray that the many people associated with the groups using the Centre’s facilities this month will be enriched through this, see ‘What’s On’ for further information.
Find out more about the inspirational life and work of Eric Liddell, which still continues to inspire people today.